Hi all – I work for a book publisher, BenBella Books. I wanted to let you know about an exciting new book out over H.G. Wells’ & his classic book, The War of the Worlds. Our book is titled The War of the Worlds: Fresh Perspectives on the H.G. Wells Classic. Different well-known writers and contributors examine all aspects of this important work.
Some contributors include:
· “H. G. Wells’ Enduring Mythos of Mars,” in which Stephen Baxter provides the history of man’s investigations of Mars and explains why Wells was right after all
- “Just Who Were Those Martians, Anyway?” in which Lawrence Watt-Evans explains how ridiculously incompetent the Martians were as interplanetary invaders, and why
Woking’s Image,” in which Mercedes Lackey takes us to a different alien world: Wells’ hometown of Wokingduring the late 19th century
- “The Tiniest Assassins,” in which Mike Resnick suggests that Wells gets one tiny thing wrong
- The Hugo-winning “The Soul Selects Her Own Society” (the only reprint in this anthology), in which Connie Willis describes the unfortunate encounter between Emily Dickinson and Wells’ Martians
- Introduction by Robert Silverberg
Go to www.smartpopbooks.com for a sample of the book!
Enjoy and Happy